(PRE-ORDER) (DEPOSIT RM500) Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens (FOR SONY FE AND LEICA L MOUNT)
- E-Mount Lens/L Mount
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Five SLD Elements
- One Aspherical Element, Four HR Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Stepping Motor AF System
- Customizable AFL Button
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
- Weather-Sealed Design
A classic portrait-length lens updated the (PRE-ORDER) (DEPOSIT RM500) Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens (FOR SONY FE AND LEICA L MOUNT) is an Art-series prime characterized by its advanced and updated optical design, sleek profile, and bright design. The f/1.4 maximum aperture enables working in low-light conditions and also provides increased control over depth of field for achieving shallow depth of field effects. The optical layout incorporates a series of low dispersion, aspherical, and high refractive index elements and its large diameter design achieves a notable degree of clarity and sharpness with well-controlled distortion and aberrations. Also, a Super Multi-Layer Coating enhances image quality by suppressing lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity in strong lighting conditions.
Balancing the optics is a refined exterior design, which features a physical aperture ring, which can be de-clicked or locked, along with a dedicated focus mode switch and AFL button for intuitive and tactile control. For autofocus, a stepping motor is used that maintains a lightweight and compact design while promoting fast and near-silent focusing performance for both stills and video applications. Additionally, the lens features an 11-blade rounded diaphragm for smooth bokeh quality and the lens housing is also weather-sealed to suit working in inclement conditions.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Portrait-length lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount/L mount Mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is particularly well-suited for working in available light conditions and provides extensive control over depth of field for isolating subject matter with selective focus.
- Five Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element and four high refractive index glass elements control spherical aberrations and distortion for increased sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated stepping motor realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance.
- Manual aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications. Additionally, a dedicated aperture ring lock switch can also be employed to prevent accidental shifting of the aperture setting.
- Built-in Auto focus-Lock (AFL) button which can be assigned additional functions widens the range of operations available on the lens.
- Rounded eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-resistant construction with a brass bayonet that affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
RM4899 SONY FE, RM4899 L MOUNT
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.