OM SYSTEM M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO Lens
- Micro Four Thirds | f/3.5 to f/22
- 180mm (Full-Frame Equivalent)
- Telephoto Macro Lens
- 2:1 Magnification, 8.8″ Min. Focus
- MSC AF System & Manual Focus Clutch
- Optical Image Stabilization
- IP53 Weather-Sealing, Fluorine Coating
- ED and HR Elements & ZERO Coating
- Focus Limit Switch & Lens Fn Button
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Larger-than-Life Macro Performance
Designed for ultra-high magnification shooting and built for adventures, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO, from OM SYSTEM, is the ideal field macro lens for Micro Four Thirds shooters. This telephoto prime mixes a 180mm-equivalent focal length with a 2:1 maximum magnification for close-up shooting at a greater-than-life-size scale. Coupled with an intuitive manual focus clutch mechanism, quick AF performance, and optical image stabilization, this is a versatile lens for handheld shooting and IP53 weather sealing makes it suitable for use in harsh weather conditions.
High Magnification and Close Focusing
- Offering up to 2x magnification, this lens can reproduce virtually microscopic subjects with greater-than-life-size rendering, making it perfect for highlighting details of small subjects like flowers, insects, coins, and other intricate objects.
- Minimum focusing distance of 8.8″ translates to a minimum working distance of about 3.5″ from the front of the lens.
- Manual focus clutch mechanism reveals magnification and focus distance markings on the lens barrel for easier recognition of focusing position.
- Floating focus design maintains sharpness throughout the focusing range, offering matched image quality from minimum focusing distance up to infinity.
- When used with the optional MC-14 or MC-20 Teleconverter, the effective maximum magnification can be increased to 2.8x or 4x, respectively.
M.Zuiko PRO Optics
- Optical design includes a variety of extra-low dispersion and high refractive index glass elements to reduce various aberrations and produce imagery with a high degree of clarity, color accuracy, and sharpness.
- Optical design has been optimized to suppress chromatic aberrations and color fringing at close range for more realistic and detailed rendering.
- ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) coating suppresses flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
High-Precision Focus and Image Stabilization
- Despite the long focal length and close-focusing performance, this lens features an adept MSC (Movie & Stills Compatible) autofocus system that achieves quick and quiet focusing performance with high accuracy.
- AF is supported at the closest focusing distances and can be used in conjunction with Focus Stacking functions that automatically move the focus position in between exposures.
- Internal focusing design, which uses two focusing lens groups, maintains the overall lens length during use for greater usability at close range and for more responsive focusing action.
- Optical image stabilization reduces the appearance of camera shake in order to provide sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- When used in conjunction with cameras featuring in-body image stabilization, Sync IS utilizes both lens and camera-based stabilization systems and corrects for up to 7 stops of camera shake across 5 axes.
Physical Design and Handling
- IP53-rated weather sealing guards against dust and splashes, as well as temperatures down to 14°F, for confident use in harsh weather conditions.
- Front element features a protective fluorine coating that repels moisture, dirt, and oils, and is easier to clean than an uncoated surface.
- As an alternative to AF, manual focus control is benefitted by a focusing clutch mechanism for rapidly transitioning between focusing methods by pushing or pulling the focusing ring.
- A focus limit switch can constrain the available focusing range for faster focusing, especially when focusing solely on close-up subjects.
- L-Fn button is featured on the side of the lens for making lens-based settings adjustment.
- Despite being a 180mm-equivalent telephoto lens, this lens sports a relatively sleek and lightweight design, measuring just 5.4″ long and weighing 1 lb.