Sigma fp Mirrorless Digital Camera with 45mm Lens (DEPOSIT RM500)
- 24.6MP Full-Frame BSI Bayer CMOS Sensor
- UHD 4K30p Video with 12-Bit CinemaDNG
- 3.15″ 2.1m-Dot Touchscreen LCD
- 49-Point AF System
- Rubber sealing dust- and splash-resistant
- Face/Eye Detection AF or during video shooting
- Large-Size Heat Sink is mounted between the LCD and camera body
Pairing the sleek cine-optimized camera with an equally svelte lens, the Sigma fp Mirrorless Digital Camera with 45mm Lens (DEPOSIT RM500) the fp full-frame camera body and the normal-length, L-mount 45mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary lens.
Sigma fp Mirrorless Digital Camera
The Sigma fp Mirrorless Digital Camera delivers high-spec functionality for stills and video in an extremely compact body that weighs under one pound. Driven by a full-frame 24.6MP BSI Bayer CMOS sensor, 14-bit color depth, electronic image stabilization, and Leica’s L-mount lens interface, the fp and its fully electronic shutter provide a maximum resolution for raw and JPEG files of 6000 x 4000 and a shooting rate of 18 fps, while its focus system employs contrast detection and a 49-point selection mode for AF measurement distance, as well as face detection, eye detection, and focus peaking. A base sensitivity of ISO 100-25600 can be expanded to ISO 6-102400, and its video recording capabilities allow for UHD 4K recording at up to 30p, while Full HD recording can be captured at up to 120p. For raw video data, 12-bit CinemaDNG external recording is supported. To help shooters fine tune their video content, Sigma’s “Teal and Orange” mode is inspired by the color grading techniques of Hollywood and creates high contrast between orange colors, which are found in human skin tones, and teals (cyan blue), which are their complement. So that users may easily switch between still and video modes, there is a switch on top of the camera.
Also available for video shooters in a “Director’s Viewfinder” function, which allows for the simulating of different angles of view and how an image looks in a cinema camera. It supports cameras such as the ARRI ALEXA LF and RED MONSTRO 8K, as well as other commonly-used digital cameras, film cameras, and anamorphic lenses.
Compose and review your shots with a 3.15″ 2.1m-dot LCD touchscreen, and media is captured internally to a UHS-II SDXC card slot. Thanks to an effective heat sink and a 42-point seal for dust- and splash-proofing, the fp will function well for long hours of use in a wide variety of environments. If you need to connect to external peripherals, there is a USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C port and a micro-HDMI port.
Robust & Lightweight Aluminum Body
Large Heat Sink
Dust- and Splash-Proof Structure
Same Screw Threads for Strap Fittings and Tripod
Full-Time Electronic Shutter
“Teal and Orange” Color Mode
Tone Control & Color Mode
The HDR shooting takes advantage of an electronic shutter to take multiple pictures of different exposures (3 frames for still photography and 2 frames for video) at once, which can then be merged into a single picture or video with a greater dynamic range that could not have been achieved in normal shooting.
The HDR shooting in the Cine mode is to become available via a firmware update scheduled at a later date.
Face/Eye Detection AF
Sigma Mount Converter MC-21
Supports Raw Video Data Recording
Aside from professional cinema cameras, the Sigma fp supports external recording in 12-bit CinemaDNG format. With up to 4K UHD recording at 24 fps, it produces video data that can be used even in filmmaking. It also supports All-I (All-Intra) recording, which makes it possible to maintain high image quality while reducing file size, allowing light data available for recording and editing.
The feature of playing CinemaDNG footage in-camera is to become available via a firmware update scheduled at a later date.
The Sigma fp has a “Director’s Viewfinder” function that allows the user to simulate different angles of view and how an image looks on cinema cameras. It supports cameras by major manufacturers commonly used in filmmaking. It supports not only large format cameras such as ARRI ALEXA LF and RED MONSTRO 8K, but also film cameras and anamorphic lenses.
This features will also be available in the future using a firmware update. Supported cameras include ARRI’s ARRICAM/ARRIFLEX, ALEXA LF/ALEXA Mini LF, ALEXA SXT, ALEXA Mini, AMIRA, ALEXA 65, and ALEXA XT; Sony’s VENICE; and RED’s MONSTRO 8K, HELIUM 8K, DRAGON 6K, EPIC MX 5K, and GEMINI 5K.
Functions Comparable to Pro Cinema Cameras
UI Optimized for Different Shooting Modes
Sigma 45mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L
Designed for full-frame Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras, the fast and versatile Sigma 45mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens is a normal-length prime that optimizes size as well as weight while rendering notably smooth bokeh with rounded out-of-focus highlights in both the foreground and background. Coupled with its ability to soften the periphery of blurred images while enhancing the three-dimensional impression of an object, its 9.5″ minimum focusing distance makes it suitable for snapshots to tabletop photos, or any imagery where you wish to make your subject stand out.
Though full-time manual focus is available, this lens is equipped with a stepping motor that enables smooth, high-speed autofocusing that is notably quiet whether utilizing features such as Face/Eye Detection AF or during video shooting. A rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to the smooth bokeh, and a lens hood is included, which can protect the front element as well as prevent stray light from causing flare.
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- Created for full-frame Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras, this prime, normal-length lens is designed to deliver excellent image quality while optimizing size and weight. It is also suitable for APS-C models where it provides a 68mm equivalent focal length.
- Optical design controls spherical aberrations to help endure large, soft, rounded bokeh while enhancing the three-dimensional impression of the subject.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in available light conditions and provides greater control over depth of field.
- A stepping AF motor benefits both photographers and videographers with its fast, precise, and near-silent performance. Full-time manual focus control can also be selected.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.