Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II (Body Only)
Warranty: 1 Year Warranty By Olympus (M) Online Register
- 20.4MP Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VIII Dual Quad Core Processor
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 2.36m-Dot LCD Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- DCI 4K/24p & UHD 4K/30p Video Recording
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- 15 fps Shooting and Expanded ISO 25600
- Dual F.A.S.T. 121-Point Autofocus System
- Weather-Sealed Construction
Fast, durable, and versatile, the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II (Body Only) is a workhorse Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera, offering a broad range of stills and video-minded functionality. Revolving around a high-resolution 20.4MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the E-M1 Mark II sports a truly fast 60 fps continuous shooting rate with an electronic shutter, 18 fps with continuous autofocus, and 15 fps with a mechanical shutter. For video shooters, both DCI and UHD 4K recording modes can be used, along with a Time-lapse Movie mode for producing in-camera 4K time-lapse sequences. The sensor and processor also avail a top expanded sensitivity of ISO 25600 to support shooting in difficult lighting conditions, and sensor-shift-type 5-axis image stabilization also helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, the sensor’s design also incorporates 121 on-chip phase-detection points, all of which are cross-type, along with 121 contrast-detection areas for fast and precise focusing and subject tracking performance.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the E-M1 Mark II also sports a durable magnesium alloy design that is weather-resistant for working in harsh climates. The body also features both a 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder and 3.0″ 1.04m-dot vari-angle LCD touchscreen for intuitive control and working from a variety of angles. Built-in Wi-Fi further expands sharing and remote shooting capabilities, and dual SD card slots and a USB 3.0 Type C port expand file saving and tethered shooting options.
- 20.4MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VIII Image Processor
- A high-resolution 20.4MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor pair to avail notably fast shooting performance, along with impressive image quality, an expanded sensitivity range up to ISO 25600, and 4K video recording capabilities. Ideal for sports and wildlife shooting, the sensor and processor combination avails a full-resolution, raw file continuous shooting rate of 60 fps when working with the silent electronic shutter function and single-shot AF, or 18 fps with continuous autofocus. If working with the mechanical shutter, up to 15 fps with single-shot AF is possible.
- DCI and UHD 4K Video Recording and Time-Lapse Movie Mode
- The sensor and processor also support recording both DCI (4096 x 2160) and UHD (3840 x 2160) 4K movies. When working in DCI, a true 24.00 fps frame rate is used, along with IPB compression and a 237 Mbps bit-rate, and UHD 4K is available in frame rates up to 30p and a 102 Mbps bit-rate. Full HD 1080p and HD 720p recording is also supported. Audio recording is possible using the built-in stereo microphone, however both an external mic jack and headphone jack are available for improved audio monitoring.
In addition to video recording, a Time-lapse Movie mode is also available for recording up to 4K UHD resolution with a 5 fps shooting rate to highlight subject changes or movement over a longer period of time. Full HD and HD time-lapse settings are available, too.
- Pro Capture Mode
- Helping to ensure you don’t miss the shot, Pro Capture Mode is a unique setting that starts recording and buffering full-resolution JPEG or raw images prior to fully depressing the shutter. As soon as you press the shutter button halfway, frames will begin to be recorded, and once you fully press the shutter, the image will be saved in addition to the previous 14 frames. Additionally, you can hold the shutter button in this mode to keep shooting continuously using the silent electronic shutter function.
- Dual F.A.S.T. Autofocus and Focus Controls
- A Dual F.A.S.T. autofocus system combines both 121 on-chip phase-detection points and 121 contrast detection areas for focusing performance that is both quick and accurate. All 121 phase-detection points are cross-type, too, for improved precision in mixed lighting conditions, as well as enhanced subject tracking capabilities. A single button can be used to switch between focusing modes, including all point, single point, 9-point group, and 5-point cross, and a Subject Tracking Cluster Display utilized continuous AF for fast-moving subject tracking. In contrast, manual focus users are benefitted by live view magnification and focus peaking controls for greater accuracy.
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- In-body, sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 5.5 stops with any lens in use and compensates for camera movements that become especially noticeable when working with telephoto shots, macro imagery, and long exposures. Furthermore, this unique image stabilization system works across five axes to compensate for vertical angle rotation, horizontal angle rotation, horizontal shift, vertical shift, and rolling camera shake movement. This range of detected movements serves to benefit traditional still image shooting as well as movie recording and working with moving subjects more effectively. Additionally, image stabilization can also be used when framing shots, for more accurate compositions, by half-pressing the shutter button.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.