Sony FE 24mm f/2.8 G Lens
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Aspherical and ED Elements
- Minimum Focus Distance: 9.4″
- Dual XD Linear AF Motors, Internal Focus
- Focus Hold Button, AF/MF Switch
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- Dust- & Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
A classic wide-angle prime, the FE 24mm f/2.8 G Lens from Sony is characterized by its speed and ultra-compact form factor. The versatile focal length suits shooting everything from street to landscape and documentary subjects, and it features an advanced optical design for well-corrected imagery with a high degree of sharpness and clarity. The 2.7 x 1.8″ form factor makes it effortless to have handy at any time.
The lens design includes an extra-low dispersion and aspherical elements to reduce a variety of aberrations, color fringing, and distortion. The optics are complemented by a coating that also suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast. Balancing the optics is an XD Linear Motor system that uses two separate focusing motors to deliver especially quiet, precise, and quick autofocus performance. The lens also sports a dust- and moisture-sealed design to support shooting in inclement conditions.
- Designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations, this lens features a robust and intuitive-to-handle physical design to benefit both photography and cine applications.
- Wide-angle 24mm lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras; however, it can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 36mm equivalent focal length.
- Aspherical elements are incorporated into the optical design and feature superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, distortion, and other spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Extra-low dispersion element is featured in the lens design and helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Two XD Linear Motors, along with an internal focusing design, provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance. This design also contributes to more natural, intuitive Linear Response manual focus control and an AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- A focus hold button is featured on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front element is easy to clean and resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints.
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.